* Average Card Placement is based on fighter's last 3 card positions.
- If an athlete fights in a main event, their placement is 1.
- If they co-main event their placement is 2, and so on down the card.
- If a fighter's last 3 fights were 2 co-mains and a main event, their score would be: (2 + 2 + 1 ) / 3 fights = 1.6
- Only fights within the last 2 years are included.
- PPV & Fight Night are Weighted Differently. Fight Night placements are valued two places less than PPV placements.
A fighter who exclusively headlines on PPV events will score a 1.
A fighter who exclusively headlines fight nights will score a 3. This difference is mirrored down the main card. On the prelims, except for the final prelim, the value difference is 1 instead of 2.
This weighing is done because more prominent athletes fight on PPV cards, generally. With this adjustment, the algorithm delivers
rankings that match intuitive expectation more accurately. If you have any comments on these rankings, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact me on reddit u/theconstantines.
These rankings update after every UFC event.